Enter Bill or Invoice in TOPS [ONE]Follow
Bills are entered into [One] to show the amount owed for goods or services. Such bills are then payed by check or marked as paid. The following steps cover entering a Bill/Invoice.
1. Click Accounts Payable then Enter Bills
2. This will open the Enter Bills page
3. Vendor - Type in the vendor name
Bill- an invoice to be paid to a vendor
Handwritten- If you need to enter a check into the system without printing a check.
Credit Memo- allows you to enter in an invoice with a negative amount. Used for discounts or credits from the vendor.
This Time Only
Schedule- Accrue and Notify Me
Schedule Jobs will appear at the bottom of the page if you select this option
6. Fill out the information under the Details section
- Bill Number
- Reference- What the entry is for
- Bank- Will populate with the default bank
- Bill Date - The actual date the Bill was issued
- Effective Date
- Bill Distribution -Where the entry will hit your General Ledger accounts
- Amount - Total amount of the Bill
- (optional) Attachments- Pictures of work, or a vendor's business card to attach to an invoice
7. When finished, click Post on the top right