Enter Bill or Invoice in TOPS [ONE]Follow
Bills are entered into [One] to show the amount owed for goods or services. Such bills are then payed by check or marked as paid. The following steps cover entering a Bill/Invoice.
- Click Accounts Payable then Enter Bills
- This will open the Enter Bills page
- Type in the vendor name
- Bill- an invoice to be paid to a vendor
- Handwritten- If you need to enter a check into the system without printing a check.
- Credit Memo- allows you to enter in an invoice with a negative amount. Used for discounts or credits from the vendor.
- This Time Only,
- Schedule- Accrue and Notify Me
- Schedule Jobs will appear at the bottom of the page if you select this option
- Fill out the information under the Details section
- Bill Number
- Reference- What the entry is for
- Bill Date The actual date the Bill was issued
- Effective Date
- Bill Distribution -Where the entry will hit your General Ledger accounts
- (optional) Attachments- Pictures of work, or a vendor's business card to attach to an invoice
- When finished, click Post on the top right