How to Post Cash Receipts in TOPS [ONE]Follow
Steps to enter one or a batch of cash receipts.
How To Get There:
To Create a Coupon in TOPS [ONE]:
- Select AR Accounts Receivable and click AR Cash Receipts.
- Select Actions and click Add Cash Receipt.
Step By Step:
- Under Post Date select the date that you’re posting the payment on.
- Search for the owner who made a payment.
- Select the check number associated with the payment.
- Type in the total amount that the owner paid.
- Select Detail () to expand payment allocation.
- Code Distribution to use – Option to choose which cash application order is applied to this cash receipt.
- Target Bank – The target bank will default to your primary bank. You have the option to change the bank.
- Allocation Table - Determine which charges will be payed.
- Amount Left To Distribute - This field will display the remaining balance that hasn't been allocated.
- Code - This column will display the code alias of a code.
- Description - This column will display the code name of a code.
- Due - This column will display current outstanding balances for each code listed in the table.
- Paid - Here, you'll allocate how much of the payment you want to allocate to a specified charge code.
- Total - This column displays the ending balance of the charge code. This is automatically calculated when a value is entered into the paid field.
- Note: if you get a warning icon (), hover your mouse over the icon to review why the warning came up.
- For example, The check number is already in use; or, there is an unposted cash receipt for the selected owner.
- Finally, Select the “+” button () to add the cash receipt to the "Current Batch".
- If needed, you can then you can enter another cash receipt and add it to the same batch.
- At the top right of the webpage Click Save to add the cash receipt to the Open Batches page.
- Click on the checkbox () to select the batch you want to post. You may just have the one batch you just entered, or you could que up multiple batches to review and post later.
- Click Post Selected to post the cash receipt batch.
We'd love to hear from you. Please vote and comment on this article!