Balance Sheet Report in TOPS [ONE]Follow
The Balance Sheet is a listing of the community's assets, liabilities and equity in either a standard or fund balance format. The following guide explains the two balance sheet types as well as the various report and scheduling options.
Balance sheet vs balance sheet by range:
The Balance sheet groups accounts by account type: Asset, Liability, Equity. For example, all accounts designated as equity will be grouped and totaled.
The Balance sheet by Range also groups accounts by type, but goes further by displaying the different account ranges for each account type. For example, if there are two account ranges that designated as equity, they will both show on separately under assets on the report.
How to View/Export
Starting from the main menu:
Click Reports and select Standard
- Edit the As of Date, Sort, Cost Center, and Export Format if needed.
- Options- Hides the editable report options.
- Schedule - Email reports on a schedule, or as a one-time email.
- As of Date - Balance Sheets are always printed as of particular date, not a date range. They automatically show YTD GL account balances. The default is always the end of the current accounting period, but you may choose another date as needed.
- Sort - Select an option to arrange the report by your preference
- Cost Center - Filter by cost center
- Export Format - Select the export format: PDF, Excel, or Word.
If you made any changes, click to see the changes in the balance sheet on screen or before exporting.
Once you're finished, click
This will download the exported report to your default download folder.
How to schedule a report
Click Schedule. This will display the scheduling options.
- Schedule -Will let you email reports at a scheduled time, or as a one-time email.
- Frequency- How often you want the reports to automatically be sent. (Once, monthly, quarterly, etc.)
- Permitted Days-pick which day you want the reports to run, if you don't want the report to run on a specific day, unselect those days.
- Start Date- Select the day you want to start the scheduled reports
- End Date- Select the date you want the scheduled reports to end.
- End Time- Select the time you want the reports to stop running.
- Recipient- Type in the email where you want the reports sent
Click Schedule at the bottom of the screen
- you can go to Automation to see this scheduled job