Income Statement Report in TOPS [ONE]Follow
An Income Statement is a listing of the income less expenses to yield the net income of the community for an accounting period. The report shows the year to date total of general ledger accounts that are both in the income or expense range, and have a balance. Income Statements can be printed for any period in the current fiscal year or any period in the previous fiscal year as long as there is general ledger detail.
You can view this report on screen, or you can export it to print it. This guide will also give you instructions on how to schedule the report to be emailed to a recipient automatically.
Income Statement VS Income Statement Sheet by Range
The Income Statement groups accounts by account type: Income and Expense. For example, all accounts designated as income will be grouped and totaled.
The Income Statement by Range also groups accounts by type, but goes further by displaying the different account ranges for each account type. For example, if there are two account ranges that designated as income, they will both show on separately under assets on the report.
How to View/Export
Starting from the main menu:
Click Reports and select Standard.
- Edit the Start Date, End Date, Cost Center, Sort, Export Format, if needed.
- Start Date - Start of the date range for which balances are displayed
- End Date - End date for the date range for which balances are displayed.
- Cost Center - Select a specific cost center for this range (overrides the cost center selection in the options panel)
- Sort - Arrange the report by your preference
- Export Format - Select the format to download the report to.
If you made any changes, click to see the changes in the balance sheet at the bottom of the page.
Once you're finished, click
This will download the report to your default folder.
How to schedule a report
Click Schedule. This will display the scheduling options.
- Schedule -Will let you email reports at a scheduled time, or as a one-time email.
- Frequency- How often you want the reports to automatically be sent. (Once, monthly, quarterly, etc.)
- Permitted Days-pick which day you want the reports to run, if you don't want the report to run on a specific day, unselect those days.
- Start Date- Select the day you want to start the scheduled reports
- End Date- Select the date you want the scheduled reports to end.
- End Time- Select the time you want the reports to stop running.
- Recipient- Type in the email where you want the reports sent
Click Schedule at the bottom of the screen to save the scheduling process
you can go to Automation to see this scheduled job