Trial Balance Report in TOPS [ONE]Follow
The Trial Balance report shows the balances and transactions in the general ledger for a range of dates and/or accounts. If you choose to show detail, it displays all the transactional detail.
This guide will explain how to view, print, and export a Trial Balance report. Also, this guide will show how to email the report on an automated schedule.
How to View/Export
Starting from the main menu:
Click Reports and select Standard.
Look in the General Ledger section for Trial Balance, Click Trial Balance
- Edit the information if needed.
- Options - Hides the editable report options.
- Schedule - Email reports on a schedule, or as a one-time email.
- Start Date - Beginning of the report date range.
- End Date - End of the report date range.
- Start Account Number - Starts of the range of GL accounts to be displayed.
- End account number - Ends the range of GL accounts to be displayed.
- Include Detail - Displays all transaction activity for each account.
- Include Prior Year Balances - Enable this to see GL activity for a previous fiscal year.
- Sort - Select an option to arrange the report by your preference
- Owner Types
- Export Format - Select the export format: PDF, Excel, or Word.
If you made any changes, click to see the changes in the balance sheet on screen or before exporting.
Once you're finished, click
This will download the exported report to your default download folder.
How to schedule a report
Click Schedule. This will display the scheduling options.
- Schedule -Will let you email reports at a scheduled time, or as a one-time email.
- Frequency- How often you want the reports to automatically be sent. (Once, monthly, quarterly, etc.)
- Permitted Days-pick which day you want the reports to run, if you don't want the report to run on a specific day, unselect those days.
- Start Date- Select the day you want to start the scheduled reports
- End Date- Select the date you want the scheduled reports to end.
- End Time- Select the time you want the reports to stop running.
- Recipient- Type in the email where you want the reports sent
Click Schedule at the bottom of the screen to save the scheduling process
you can go to Automation to see this scheduled job