Create a New/Upload TemplateFollow
Form Letters are letter templates that use merge codes to insert owner information into
the letter resulting in a letter that looks like it was individually typed. In addition to the
owner name and address, there are merge codes for virtually ALL the data being tracked
for an owner including their current account balance. There are also merge codes for
community info and the management company, where applicable. Letters can either be
printed and sent to owners or emailed directly to owners as email attachments.
- Open a New Word document
- Enable TOPS Merge Code Manager
- This will open the TOPS [ONE] Merge Code Manager
- Select the Template Type and Categories
Owner Access Registration
Each Template Type will have it's own categories which breaks down the merge codes for that type.
To make them more manageable so you can easily find the Merge Code you want to insert into a form letter, use the down browse arrow to
open up the Merge Code Categories. To see all of the codes, click All
5. You can start off by adding the Community Name merge code to the template.
Note: The merge code will be inserted where ever the cursor is.
6. To add a Merge Code, search the list for the one you're trying to add.
In this case, we're going to look for Community Name
By selecting a Merge Code, you'll see the code get added to the document
7. Continue adding other codes, like Owner Name and mailing address
8. Continue to type your letter, and enter the merge codes as you go along.
9. Once you're finished with your template, it should look something like:
10. When the letter is sent out, it will look like this:
11. Click File then Save As.
To Upload your Template
1. At the bottom of the navigation menu, Click Admin
2. On the bottom right side of the page, look for Related Links and click Template Library
3. Click Action then Add Template
4. Fill in the information requested
If you're editing a template that's already uploaded, keep the same file name so it can replace the existing template.
5. Click Select File then choose the template
6. Click Upload File
7. Once the file is uploaded, it will show up on your Template Library