Enter a handwritten check in TOPS [One] AP accounts payableFollow
TOPS [One] Version 220.127.116.11, Revision 0, Last updated as of 05-10-2017
Sometimes, you've already written a check and handed it to the vendor. This is handled within TOPS as a Handwritten Check, which enters both the invoice AND the check at once. The following steps will demonstrate how to enter a handwritten check.
- Click on AP Accounts Payable, and then click AP Enter Bills.
- Select your VENDOR
- Under TYPE, select Hand Written.
- Enter in the details of the check in the DETAILS field below
- Details include Bill Number, Reference (What the check is for), Check Number, Bank, Bill Date, Effective Date, and Due Date.
- Once you have entered all of the DETAILS, you will need to distribute the bill to a G/L account(s) in the BILL DISTRIBUTION field.
- You may also attach an image (Most people use this feature to include a scanned image of the handwritten check) in the ATTACHMENT GALLERY down at the bottom.
- Click Post at the top right.