Bank transfer steps in TOPS [One]Follow
TOPS [One], Version 184.108.40.206, Revision 0, Last Updated 05-10-2017
Sometimes, you'll need to move money between your bank accounts. The following will walk you through how to do that using Journal Entries.
- Click on GL General Ledger, and then click GL Journal Entries.
- Click Actions at the top right, and select New Journal Entry.
- Input the Date you wish to do the entry as of
- Input the Reference and Description fields (Usually filled with information that would help you identify the transaction in the future, like "BANK TRANSFER")
- Enter in the account number of the bank account you are taking the money OUT of.
- Enter in the transfer amount into the Credit Amount field. This will remove the money from that account.
- Enter in the account number of the bank account you are putting the money IN to.
- Enter in the transfer amount into the Debit Amount field. This will add the money to that account
- Click Add at the top right.
- Review your work, and when you are satisfied, click Post.