Post journal entries in TOPS [One] GL general ledgerFollow
TOPS [One] Version 126.96.36.199, Revision 0, last updated 05-18-2017
The following steps will walk you through entering Journal Entries.
- Go to General Ledger and select GL Journal Entries .
- Go to Actions and select New Journal Entry.
- Select date using the Calendar button to the right of the date field
- Enter a Reference for this transaction
- This is the easily identifiable name everyone will see on the activity feed for this transaction
- Enter a Description for this transaction
- In the Line Items field select the folder icon to add your first account for the transaction
- simply click the correct account from the list.
- Enter the amount in either the debit or credit field for the first account then press the + to the right to add the next account.
- Repeat for all remaining accounts in the transaction.
- The Debit and Credit sides of the transaction have to show a 0 difference denoted by the Running Balance at the bottom of the transaction once this is done, press ADD at the top right of the page
- Review the transaction for accuracy and make any changes before pressing Post at the top right
- Success you have posted your Journal Entry you will be taken to the entry afterwards