Owner cash receipt entry in TOPS [ONE] AR accounts receivableFollow
TOPS [ONE] Version 188.8.131.52, Revision 1, last updated 06-01-2017
The Cash Receipts function gives you the ability to track payments that owners make. The following steps will walk you through adding a cash receipt.
Related articles: Cash Receipt batch entry
- Click AR Accounts Receivable and select AR Cash Receipts.
- Click Actions and select Add Cash Receipt.
- Under Post Date select the date that you’re posting the payment on.
- Under Add to Batch, select the owner who made a payment.
- Check Number type in the check number associated with the payment.
- Amount type in the total amount that the owner paid.
- Click on Details () to expand payment allocation.
- Code Distribution to use – Select the code distribution list that you want the payment to follow.
- Target Bank – The target bank will default to your primary bank.
- Allocation Table - The allocation table will allow you to determine where you want to allocate the cash receipt.
- Amount Left To Distribute - This field will display the remaining balance that hasn't been allocated.
- Code - This column will display the code alias of a code.
- Description - This column will display the code name of a code.
- Due - This column will display current outstanding balances for each code listed in the table.
- Paid - Here, you'll allocate how much of the payment you want to allocate to a specified charge code.
- Total - This column displays the ending balance of the charge code. This is automatically calculated when a value is entered into the paid field.
- Note: if you get a warning icon (), hover your mouse over the icon to review why the warning came up.
- For example, The check number is already in use; or, there is an unposted cash receipt for the selected owner.
- Finally, Click on the “+” button () to add the cash receipt to the Current Batch.
- At the top right of the webpage click Save to add the cash receipt to the Open Batches.
- Click on the checkbox () to select the batch you want to post.
- Click Post Selected to post the cash receipt batch.