Assessment code entry TOPS [ONE] AR accounts receivableFollow
The Portfolio module is used to manage agents in your company. The following steps walk you through adding an assessment code to a community. This guide will also give you instructions on setting up the codes calculation method and late fee method.
1. Click Portfolio and select Communities.
Select the community that you want to add a code to.
2. Under Related Links, click on Codes.
3. Under Assessment, click on Add Code ().
4. Under Code Type, ensure Assessment is selected.
5. Under Code Alias and Name, enter in the code’s identifiers.
Code (Alias) – This is the code’s unique identifier. This field has a 2 character minimum and a 10 character maximum.
6. Under Code Details, make the proper selections.
Flat Dollar Amount
Percent of Property Value- a rate to be
multiplied by the assessed value of the home which is stored
in the property record
Square Feet X Rate- a rate to be multiplied
by the square footage of the home, which is stored in the
Total Amount X Percent Ownership- Takes the total
amount of the charge and spreads it based on the
percentage of ownership on record for each home.
Late Fee Method
Late Fee Dollar Amount
Percent of Unpaid Balance
Flat Dollar Plus Percent of Unpaid Balance
Late Fee Based on Selected Account Codes
Greater of Flat Amount or Percent Unpaid Balance
7. Under Linked Accounts, enter in the GL Accounts associated to this assessment code.
Income Account – You can Type in the GL Account Number, GL Account Name, or click on the folder () to select the GL Account.
Receivable Account – You can Type in the GL Account Number, GL Account Name, or click on the folder () to select the GL Account.
8. Under Code Categories, these fields will change based on the Calculation Method and Late Fee Method. Fill in the respective fields accordingly.
9. Click on Add ().
Repeat until you have the desired amount of categories.
10. At the top right, click on Save ().