Bank transfer steps in TOPS [One]Follow
Sometimes, you'll need to move money between your bank accounts. The following will walk you through how to do that using Journal Entries.
1. Click on GL General Ledger, and then click GL Journal Entries.
2. Click Actions at the top right, and select New Journal Entry.
3. Input the Date you wish to do the entry as of
4. Input the Reference and Description fields (Usually filled with information that would help you identify the transaction in the future, like "BANK TRANSFER")
5. Enter in the account number of the bank account you are taking the money OUT of.
6. Enter in the transfer amount into the Credit Amount field. This will remove the money from that account.
7. Click the + To add another line
8. Enter in the account number of the bank account you are putting the money IN to.
9. Enter in the transfer amount into the Debit Amount field. This will add the money to that account
10. Click Add at the top right.
This will Accrue the charge
11. Review your work, and when you are satisfied, click Post.