Adding your Community from TOPS PRO/IQFollow
This guide will give you step by step instructions on how to add your exported TOPS PRO/IQ communities into TOPS [ONE]
You will need to have the exported community files from TOPS PRO/IQ prior to following these steps.
Your community files will be located in your designated TOPS folder in the CSVExport folder
Starting from the main menu:
1. Click Portfolio and select Communities.
2. Click Actions then Add Community
3. Enter the Community Information
Only one community can have the same community ID(alias) at the same time.
4. At the top of the screen, click Save:
5. Enter the Fiscal Start Date
6. Select the Accounting Period Frequency - A designated time range for a set of accounting functions to be performed.
Monthly- Each month will be it's own period.
Quarterly - The accounting period will be set to a 3 month period (March through May)
7. Pick an Accounting Method
Cash- Income is counted when cash (or a check) is actually received, and expenses are counted when actually paid
Accrual- Transactions are counted when they happen, regardless of when the money is actually received or paid
Modified Accrual- If an AP bill has not been received for an expense incurred during an accounting period, the expense is not recorded(accrued) until the bill is actually received.
GL Account Ranges
8. Import your Account Ranges
The files will be in your designated TOPS folder in the CSVExport folder
9. Review Ranges then click Next
Accounts & Balances
10. Import your Beginning Balances
11. If you only want to import the GL accounts and not the beginning balances, slide this toggle to the left.
12. Change the Post Date if necessary
Best Practice: The Post Date should be last day of the previous month you want to use TOPS
13. Upload the Accounts and Balances file
11. Select the Required Accounts
Year End Suspense
12. Choose your Bank
If you have other communities set up, those banks will appear in the drop down menu, Select the bank
If you don't see your bank listed, click the
Fill in the information below
5. Click if finished
6. To add another bank, click
7. Click Done
13. Fill in the Bank Account Details
14. Click Add this account
15. Click Next
16. Import your Charge codes
You should get a message saying All of Your Required Codes Have Been Set Up
If you still see codes at the bottom of the page, that means you're missing those required codes.
17. Import your Charge Code Categories
18. Click Next
19. To Import your own properties, click and select your file
20. When Finished, click Next
Import Balance & History
This section is not required at the moment, can be uploaded at a later time.
22. Click Import Balance to import your Owner Balance.
23. The TOPS Export Utility exports data for the date previously selected, so your beginning balance date should match that export date:
24. Click to import your Owner History.
25. Click Link To
26. Select Select Files and upload your Owner History .csv file
Click when finished
25. Review your community setup
26. Click when you're ready to go!